Home Forums New Discussion Vehicle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jessica
      Keymaster

[memberonly]

I’ve added a forum plugin to our website to see if it facilitates member discussions. (Right now no one knows it exists so only BOD people can experiment). If we want this facility for membership, we can also have a private board forum as well. This all-member would be open to all members from the moment they join until they fail to renew. It would be announced in Welcome emails and in one Member Only email if we decide to keep it. Members can then create topics of interest and discuss them. It is not currently advised to have an open community forum since they are prone to spamming.

So, this is an example of a ‘topic’. You can respond to it and then it becomes a conversations.

Right now, I am testing it so all comments welcome and don’t assume this is it’s final form. I haven’t figured it all out yet (and anyone with more current knowledge of forum setups please raise your hand!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I believe this should assist the chapter members for staying connected and asking questions as well as getting answers.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is this how I start a “new discussion vehicle”? Was trying to start a new topic to see what would happen?

Jessica Levant
        Keymaster

You are in the same topic (called “new discussion vehicle”. (there is only one topic at this time.)

You can start a new topic if you want to.

Terry Barton
      Participant

Testing this out.

jessica
        Keymaster

So what do yu think?

Paul Anjeski
      Participant

Not needed.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.