Have you considered elevating your talents and capabilities by becoming a Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) or an Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD)?
Based on the Association for Talent Development (ATD) capability model *, the CPTD and APTD are esteemed credentials provided to talent development professionals who successfully complete the requirements. The preparation is an intense process that takes several months and has many benefits:
- Build and validate your skills
- Differentiate you in a competitive market
- Broaden your career opportunities
- Join an elite professional community
*About the Model
The CPTD is grounded in the Capabilities model and covers a subset of knowledge and skills and it focuses on the application of knowledge and decision making.
Learn more at: https://tdcapability.org/#/
How is the APTD different from the CPTD?
The APTD designation is intended for those early in their career with three plus years of experience in talent development and CPTD is for those with five plus years. The primary difference between APTD and CPTD is that the exam for APTD focuses on knowledge and the CPTD exam focuses on application.
For more information, access the ATD website at https://www.td.org/certification and read this article; https://www.td.org/atd-blog/the-aptd-or-the-cptd-that-is-the-question
STUDY GROUP EXPECTATIONS AND INFORMATION
The Golden Gate chapter offers a free CPTD study group to its members in order to support you with your certification goals. This is a study group, not a course led by an instructor. Study group members create and present content to each other in order to support learning. They also get access to past cohort presentations, practice study questions, and recordings.
As a participant in the cohort, you should be prepared to commit a considerable amount of time each week to studying and preparing for the next session.
- 12-week Virtual Study Group sessions
- A serious commitment to yourself and the study group
- Honor participant expectations
- Honor fellow participants by taking this commitment seriously and show up every week to learn and serve one another
- Be prepared to lead an interactive study of the ATDs Talent Development Body of Knowledge (TDBOK) materials that honor adult learning principles every week
- The virtual study group will get better every week as you get into a state of flow with the content, method, and Zoom. It’s an iterative process.
- The key to the success of this study group is the diversity in presentations, Q&A sessions, rich discussions, and exploration of the applicable experiences of all group members.
- At orientation, you will be introduced to the moderators and fellow participants/facilitators, discuss participant expectations, preview examples of teach-backs, and learn how the CPTD virtual study group will be managed.
- Testing strategies and tips are covered throughout the study group.
- Every participant will have access to this CPTD Virtual Study Group google drive even after the study group is done.
- After Orientation, participants must be committed to the respective sessions you lead.
Having a support system during your preparation can be extremely beneficial for your success. The Golden Gate Chapter partners with several other chapters to offer a virtual study group to support the CPTD. Those looking for APTD study group support can look at other chapters’ study groups listed here https://www.td.org/
The CPTD study group is free to members of the partner chapters. For non-chapter individuals, it is $100 for CPTD. Last day to register for the Spring 2023 cohort is March 13, 2023.”
Support for the 2023 CPTD Spring and Fall testing windows
- Virtual Study Group dates: March 7 – May 30, every Tuesday night from 4:30 to 6:30 pm PDT (except May 23 which will have no session due to ICE)
- Information session February 28, 4:30-6:30 PM PST
- Virtual Study Group dates: Aug 29 – Nov 14, every Tuesday night from 4:30 to 6:30 pm PDT.
- Information session August 22, 4:30-6:30 PM PST
- Be prepared for CPTD June & August testing window.
If you missed the 2021 Information Session, watch a recording of it here. 2023 Info Sessions will be held on February 28 and August 22.
Ready to sign up for the study group now? Click HERE Registration will open soon – stay tuned!
Or sign up for the February 28th free information session first through our events page.
- Certification Brochure
- CPTd & APTD Exam Preparation Tips
- Certification Institue Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Chapter Study Groups
Order Study Materials
When registering for the CPTD or the APTD and ordering an materials from ATD, please include the CHiP code #3008 which will provide a credit to the Golden Gate Chapter. This code can be used for all books, materials, workshops or conferences you purchase from the national ATD site.
Reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Deadline is March 13th for the Spring 2023 cohort. Refunds are available prior to the second scheduled session (March 13th for Spring and September 4th for Fall), not including the information session.
Professional Development Points
The Golden Gate Chapter has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. This 12-week study group qualifies for a maximum of 22 points. Click here for more information about our chapter’s preapproval.