CHAPTER LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION:
VP OF MEMBERSHIP
Do you love connecting with people? Are you someone who wants to give a voice to the unheard? Are you driven to constantly move in the direction of progress? If these traits speak to you, the vice president of membership may be a great fit.
The vice president of membership manages the overall membership function including the design and implementation of programs that broaden membership engagement for the chapter, increasing membership by an identified goal, and retaining current members.
You’ll be a voting member of the ATD Golden Gate Board of Directors and have a decision making role as part of the chapter leadership team. You’ll gain valuable experience in strategy and data collection as well as a high visibility role that can help in future networking and job hunting.
As VP of Membership, you will:
- Imagine and Implement processes that result in increased member retention
- Manage the overall membership function including new member orientation mechanisms and working with the VP of Programs to design and implement events and offerings that meet needs.
- Communicate value to members and non-members
- Manage and establish communication with members at all stages of their lifecycle to connect value with membership
- Collect feedback from members to help craft and refine offerings
Skills that would be beneficial to have or that you could grow in the role:
- What you’ll need:
- Great interpersonal skills
- An understanding of marketing and public relations concepts to promote membership benefits
- A level of positivity that attracts others to your goals
- What’s in it for you:
- Experience collecting feedback from a diverse group of stakeholders
- The ability to craft a regionwide strategy for member engagement
- The opportunity to demonstrate in real life your ability to connect feedback with action
- Your national membership, sponsored by the chapter
This role is a two-year commitment.