ATD Golden Gate is excited to host a TED Circles discuss with facilitation provided by our North Bay GIG.
TED Circles is a community of small groups who discuss big ideas! See a descriptive animation here.
Each month, hundreds of small groups watch and discuss a TED Talk about a particular theme so we can consider each others’ thoughts and create a global conversation! They’re a fun way to learn new things and meet new people.
Here’s how it works.
- A new monthly topic will be announced on our EVENTS page.
- To ensure ample air time for conversation, we limit the participants to the first 20 who register via our Events Listings. If the event is full, you will be able to add your name to a list in case vacancies open up.
- There are two options for you to become familiar with the discussion topic:
- No prep required! Simply show up and join us for the first 30 minutes from 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm when we will watch the TED topic materials together on Zoom. Then continue into the conversation that follows.
- If you prefer to review the theme materials provided by TED in advance, you can use the link that will be made available on the 1st Wednesday of each month both in What’s Next and by email to all who have registered by that date. You then join at 6:00 pm for the discussion.
Future topics are planned on:
- Intergenerational Learning – “How generational stereotypes hold us back at work”
- Truth Tellers – “How to support witnesses of harassment and build healthier workplaces”
- Building momentum – “The search for aha moments”
Our TED Circles is meant to meet the expectations of those who want to participate in the conversation. The 20 person capacity will be maintained. However, if interest increases we will consider repeating offerings. We want to know what topics are of interest. Let us know!
If you have any questions about our TED Circles contact our North bay GIG contact Paul Anjeski at firstname.lastname@example.org