CHAPTER LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Director of Volunteers
Ideas without action are just ideas. The director of volunteers is the person who connects great ideas with the people who can make them happen.
In this role, you’ll coordinate with the Board of Directors and the network of volunteers to see who has the availability to work on special projects and from there you will scope and measure and report on the activities taking place within the chapter volunteer community.
As the Director of Volunteers, you will:
- Maintain a list of active volunteers and document any specialties or interests that they may be a part of
- Connect available volunteers to new initiatives and ideas that are identified within the community
- Keep track of the ongoing volunteer projects and report back to the board on their status
- Understand the initiatives discussed during board meetings in order to coordinate with the volunteer population
Skills that would be beneficial to have or that you could grow in the role:
- What you’ll need:
- The ability to manage projects and stakeholders
- The desire and drive to see ideas turn into actions
- An interest in helping others be successful
- What’s in it for you:
- Project management skill development
- Demonstrable experience in delivering concrete solutions and people management expertise
- Connections to a network of people who want to help you succeed
This role is at least a one-year commitment.